Thursday, January 1, 2015

2015.

New year. New you. I say bullshit. Not because I don’t believe in reinventing yourself or starting over blah, blah, blah…but because I don’t think you need the start of a new year to do it. Sometimes I make resolutions but most of the time I don’t…why lie to myself? I actually did keep one of my resolutions from last year: wear more lipstick. Talk about some high standards. 

I feel like we should have daily resolutions. Sound exhausting? Yeah maybe, but that’s a more realistic route to becoming a better person. So i’m going to start 2015 the way I ended 2014, with daily personal goals that have realistic limitations.  

I want to become a genuinely happy person, to the point where people are happy when they are around me. Just being friendly and having good manners will get you so far in life. However, people who know me know that this won’t happen in the first hour (or possibly two) of me waking up, so don’t even try. I will work on the being mean when I’m hungry thing though (no promises there either though). 

I also want to be content, but not in a nonchalant passive way, just in a way where I'm aware of how truly blessed I am. I have an amazing husband. A loving and caring family. A great career. A roof over my head- with cute decor to boot. No serious health issues to speak of. My life is so damn good. I don't want to stop striving for more though, and I probably won’t stop having diva moments from time to time. I’m sure I’m not the only one who complains about having the lack of funds to fly to NYC at a moment’s notice or setting out on a yacht. I mean those damn Beverly Hills rich kids do it and they're just reality stars...I could be that. 

I want to be the best wife I can be. Which will mean different things on different days. I just need to remember this in the moments where my husband may be acting less than perfect (shocker, yes it happens from time to time). We’re all human, and tit for tat will get you nowhere, even though it can be fun. 

There are several small things I am continually trying to work on like keeping up with friends that are now scattered all over the country, being healthier (one day I will overcome the dollar menu but that day is not today), and maybe lowering my overall bitchiness a notch or two, possibly my sarcasm too for that matter. Like I said earlier, I have realistic limitations. 

I always think other people can say what I’m thinking better than I can, and in this case that person is Tom Ford: “I believe in living life the way you want every day, and if you do that, you don’t really need to have New Years resolutions.” 


Happy new year y’all. Remember to focus on the important things, like keeping your lipstick game strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment